Where Is Jython Going?
- Better Java Integration
Drop JDK 1.1 support (to gain Collection framework support, simpler code, …)
>>> from java.util import ArrayList
>>> a = ArrayList([1,2,3])
Traceback (innermost last):
File "<console>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: java.util.ArrayList(): 1st arg can't be coerced to java.util.Collection or int
- Changes required for new Java 1.5 updates
- Upgrade compatibility with Python 2.4
Currently uses CPython 2.2 Lib/
- Implementation of new-style classes
- Implementation of popular missing modules
- Recently received one of three PSF grants for so development will continue