- Jython — I was the primary maintainer for awhile and wrote the popular zxJDBC module. My proposal Moving Jython Forward did in many ways do just that.
- lemur — a tool for launching EMR jobs. I helped with a lot of initial design and primary use cases.
- PySmug — a high performance client library for SmugMug
- openroom — python bindings for the Lightroom database
- Scaling Data Processing in the Cloud. JavaOne, San Francisco, CA, September 21, 2010.
- Orbitz World Wide: An architecture's response to growth and change. QCon, San Francisco, CA, November 9, 2007.
- Panel Discussion: Architecting for Performance and Scalability. QCon, San Francisco, CA, November 8, 2007.
- Version Aware SOA using Jini and Java. JavaOne, San Francisco, CA, May 17, 2006.
- Implementing a Version Aware Service Dispatching Framework Using Jini. Ninth Jini Community Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 19, 2005.
- Introduction to Jython. ChiPy, Chicago, IL, January 13, 2005.
Honors & Awards